Sunday, December 14, 2014

No Regrets

A conversation with a friend got me thinking about whether I had any regrets in life...

Perhaps this is youth and inexperience speaking, but I believe that to have any regrets would mean to think that I wished something in my past had gone differently. Seeing as everything that has happened to me in the past has made me the person I am today, and, seeing as I'm not too unhappy about who I am (go ahead, call me a narcissist), I don't think I have any regrets.

Besides, of what use is regret when you cannot go and change the past? Quite a waste of valuable time in my opinion. And then, if you were the regretting type, you'd later spend more time regretting having wasted all this time regretting stuff than actually doing anything, and that could just become an infinite loop of regret. And, while that's fascinating, I don't think it would make for a great autobiography to be honest.

And if there was something I'd like to change, well it's never too late for that, now is it?

Also check out this very cool French song by Edith Piaf: Non, Je ne regrette rien



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Let me know what you think!