Sunday, September 20, 2015

Try

I had lost all belief
I knew I wouldn't make it
I knew I ought to just give up
It was smarter, safer

Until one day
My body didn't listen
To the warning signs
Of my screaming brain

"Don't bother, just stop", she said
I said I'd try, just to see
She called me a fool and told me
How everyone would soon know

I said I didn't care, tuned her out
And went ahead anyway
Just to see what would happen
If I broke that barrier, crossed that line

And it was hard, fighting
Both her and the mighty wall
But at the end I made it through
The wall behind me had disappeared

I turned to the future and saw
A new wall rose before me
I smiled and realized
The war would never end

Well, I could be stubborn too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Let me know what you think!